People : Criterion 3
How the organisation manages, develops and releases the knowledge and full potential of its people at an individual, team based and organisation wide level, and plan these activities in order to support its Policy and Strategy and the effective operation of its processes.
3a. How people resources are planned, managed and improved.
- Developing human resource policy and strategy and plans
- Involving employees and their representatives in developing human resource policy and strategy and plans
- Aligning the the human resource plans with policy and strategy, the organisational structure and the frame work of key processes
- Managing recruitment and career development
- Ensuring fairness in all terms of employment including equal opportunities
- Using people surveys and other forms of employee feedback to improve human resource policy and strategy and plans
- Using innovative organisation methodologies to improve the way of working, e.g. restructuring the supply chain, matrix working, flexible team working, high performance team
3b. How people�s knowledge and competencies are identified, developed & sustained.
- identifying, classifying and matching people's knowledge and competencies with the organisation's needs
- Developing and using training and development plans to help ensure people match the present and future capability needs of the organisation
- Designing and promoting individual, team and organisational learning opprtunities
- Developing people through work experience
- Developing team skills
- Aligning individual and team objectives with the organisation's targets
- Reviewing and updating individual and team objectives
- Appraising and helping people improve their performance
3c. How people are involved and empowered.
- Encouraging and supporting individual and team participation in improvement activities
- Encouraging and supporting people's involvement through in-house conferences and ceremonies
- Providing opportunities which stimulate involvement and support innovative and creative behaviour
- Empowering people to take action
- Encouraging people to work together in teams
3d. How people and organisation have a dialogue (effective top down, bottom-up and lateral communication is achieved)
- Identifying communication needs
- Developing communication policy and strategy and plans based on communication needs
- Developing and using top down and bottom up and horizontal communication channels
- Sharing best practice and knowledge
3e. How people are rewarded, recognised and cared for
- Aligning remuneration, redployment, redundancy and other terms of employment with policy and strategy
- Recognising people in order to sustain their involvement and empowermrnt
- Promoting awareness and involvement in health, safety, the environment and issues on social responsibility
- Setting the lvel of benefits e.g. pension plan, health care etc
- Promoting social and cultural activities
- Providing facillities and services, e.g. flexible hours, transport etc
TQM | pdponline |
HOME | Top|
Page designed,created and maintained by pdpal.