Policy and Strategy : Criterion 2
Excellent organisations implement their mission and vision by developing a
stakeholder focused strategy. Policies, plans, objectives and processes are
developed and deployed to deliver the strategy.
2a.Strategy is based on understanding the needs and expectations of both stakeholders and the external environment.
- Gathering and understanding information to define market and market segment the organisation will operate in both now and in the future
- Understanding and anticipating the needs and expectations of the customers,employees,partners, society and share holders, as appropriate
- Understanding and anticipating development in the market place, including competitor's activity
2b. Strategy is based on understanding internal performance and capabilities.
- Collecting and understanding output from internal performance indicators
- Collecting and understanding the output from the learning actvities
- Analysing the performance of competitors and best in class organisations
- Understanding social, environmental and legal issues
- Identifying and understanding economic and demographic indicators
- Understanding the impact of new technologies
- Analysing and using stake holders' ideas
2c. Strategy and supporting policies are developed, reviewed and updated to ensure economic, societal and ecological sustainability.
- Developing policy and strategy consistent with organisation's mission, vision, value, goals and based on the needs and expectations of stake hoders and information from learning and innovation activities
- Balancing the needs expectations of stakeholders
- Balancing short and long term pressures and requirements
- Developing alternative scenarios and contingency plans to address risks
- Identifying present and future competitive advantage
- Aligning the policy and strategy with partner's policy and strategy
- Reflecting the fundamental concepts of excellence in policy and strategy
- Evaluating the relevance and effectiveness of policy and strategy
- Identifying critical success factor
- Reviewing and updating policy and strategy
2d. Strategy and supporting policies are communicated and deployed through plans, processes and objectives.
- -Define the required outcoms & related performance indicators and establish targets based on comparison of their performance with other organisations and the mission & vision.
- -Deploy strategy and supporting policies in a systematic manner to achieve the desired set of results, balancing short & long term objectives.
- -Maintain and align an organisational structure and a framework of key processes to deliver their strategy in a way that adds real value for their SH achieving the optimum balance of efficiency and effectiveness.
- -Align individual and team objectives with the organisation�s strategic goals and ensure they are empowered to maximise their contribution.
- -Communicate strategy and supporting policies with SHs in an appropriate way
- -Set clear goals & objectives for innovation and refine their strategy in line with the improvement.
TQM | pdponline |
HOME | Top|
Page designed,created and maintained by pdpal.