Leadership : Criterion 1
Excellent organisations have leaders who shape the future and make it happen, acting as role models for its values and ethics and inspiring trust at all times. They are flexible, enabling the organisation to anticipate and react in a timely manner to ensure the on-going success of the organisation..
1a. Leaders develop the mission, vision, values and ethics and act as role models.
- Developing the organisation's mission and vission
- Developing and role modelling ethics and values which support the creation of the organisation's culture
- Reviewing and improving the effectiveness of their own leadership and acting upon future leadership requirements
- Being personally and actively invoved in improvement activities
- Stimulating and encouraging empowerment, creativity, and innovation e.g. by changing the organisation structure.
- Encouraging, supporting and acting upon the findings of learnings activities
- Priotising improvement activities
- Stimulating and encouraging collaboration within the organisation
1b. Leaders define, monitor, review and drive the improvement of the organisation�s management system and performance.
- Aligning the organisation's structure to support delivery of its policy and strategy
- Ensuring a system formanagingprocesses is developed and implemented
- Ensuring a process for the development, deployment and updating of policy and strategy is developed and implemented
- Ensuring aprocess for the measurement, review and improvement of key results is developed and implemented
- Ensuring aprocess, or processes, for stimulating, identifying, planning and implementing improvements to enabling approaches
1c. Leaders engage with external stakeholders.
- Meeting understanding and responding to needs and expectations
- Establishing and participating in partnership
- Establishing and participating in joint improvement activity
- Recognising individuals and teams of stakeholders for their contribution to the business and loyalty etc
- Participating in professional bodies, conferences and seminars, particularly promoting excellence
- Supporting and engaging in actvities that aim to improve the environment and the organisation's contribution to society
1d. Leaders reinforce a culture of excellence with the organisation�s people.
- Personally communicating the organisation's mission, values,policy and strategy,plans, objectives and targets to people
- Being accessible, actively listening and responding to people
- Helping and supporting people to achieve theirs plans, objectives and targets
- Encouraging and enabling people to participate in improvement activities
- Recognising both team and individual efforts, at all levels within the organisation, in a timely and appropriate maner
1e. Leaders ensure that the organisation is flexible and manages change effectively.
- Understand the internal and external drivers of organisational change
- Are flexible; they review, adapt & realign the direction of their organisation when necessary, inspiring trust at all the times
- Involve & seek commitment of all relevant SH for their contribution to the sustainable success of the organisation and any changes necessary to ensure their success
- Demonstrate their ability to maintain sustainable advantage thru their capability to learn quickly and respond rapidly with new ways of working
- Allocate resources to provide for long-term needs rather than just short-term profitability and where relevant become & remain competitive
TQM | pdponline |
HOME | Top|
Page designed,created and maintained by pdpal.